Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Tu Hablas Espanol?

Well once again I have gotten behind on blogging. I hope you all forgive me and continue reading! I also have a random MeMe that Heather tagged me on, so that will be up tomorrow.

Today, though, I want to tell you all a story. This is a true story that happened moments before I began typing this. I have an oral exam tomorrow in Spanish, in which my professor will ask me 5 questions out of about 15 that she gave us to study for. To study, I wrote the questions on notecards with the corresponding responses on the opposite side. I asked my mother to read the questions randomly to me. I did not realize what I was asking.

My mother knows english. My mother does not know any languages other than english. This means that she's not experienced when it comes to reading another language, even spanish. However, this was a very funny experience. What made it funny wasn't necessarily how she said the words (although this was pretty funny), but it was the look on her face when saying them.

She got tired of studying pretty quickly, and I can understand why. I'm just glad that I have a mom that will take the time to help me with my studying, even if she has no clue what she is saying to me!

1 comment:

Heather Smith said...

Hey, my Spanish teacher in high school knew Spanish, and she still couldn't speak it. Unless there are Spanish speaking people w/ a hick accent (which I doubt!) Anyway, good luck on the exam! Love ya!